UNSOUND KRAKOW “DISLOCATION” is announced, and Poland is official. What I had not detailed before was “Treasure Map 2” which is a new game engine work that I’ll be maintaining and expanding over 2016-2017.
This is not quite a sequel to HH, which is being a much more challenging thing. It’s a bit like if I was playing Barbara Island live, on a series of (dislocated) islands. You can jump to different islands to get different pieces and versions. To get between places requires looking for certain sounds.
Ideally this work would already be in testing but I am still at my academic post until July, so it may be only a few islands at launch.
I have been testing this as a VR title to be seen on a headset. I am not yet able to provide this and the number of people with headsets is still small, so the first version will be a windowed view, which may be in stereo. Best to get it going then tweak it.
There is more news to come but that will be announced next month.
OK so having got a Facebook page underway and learned how to wade through this whole ‘friend’ thing, I’m back here with the more detailed account of what’s up. Things are moving more quickly now and so I’ll start running news items together.
Live performances in North America are POSTPONED. There are quite specific times of year when bands can move around North America. You can get a traffic jam that starts forming as early as the end of last year. With so many bands already announced for 2016 we’ve missed the window to set up something that will work, and better to aim for a clear run in 2017.
Therefore the “Aversion” album (which is specific to the merchandising of said tour) is pushed back, although 5 tracks are now complete and one might appear on the next Coldwaves CD.
European dates have not been been officially announced. We have one definite and several floating and there is some delicacy about who gets to announce first. But you know that Poland Is Not Too Far.
- Vinyl on Demand has put out Magneto-Phonics which a large survey of Australian antique underground music. You can see that here: http://www.vinyl-on-demand.com/-1-432-582.htm
It’s important to note that this compilation was not organised by Sevcom and Sevcom is not responsible for making it available in other formats, or any other aspect of the release. Don’t ask me, I’m just one of the acts.
- The Stretcher 2LP re-issue is now on pre-sale!
- An extremely limited number of hand cut acetates of new SH material are being made by BUGHLT in Seattle. Let’s drive Discogs completely nuts, they deserve it.
- The follow up to my Rhine album is called Publicist, 4 tracks exist, it’s underway for 2017. As is a collaboration with another old school industrial dude. secret squirrels for now.
* A new 360º stereo VR of the Greater Reward clip is already up on all the usual places.
* Started work on Treasure Map 2, an interactive surround sound exhibition for October. It’s a much expanded version of the Five Beacons currently available on Vimeo (and on the latest Rhine USB sticks).
* I’m submitting a work for Vivid in Sydney to light up a shopping mall, which is code named shopmitter. Submitting is not the same as exhibiting, so wait to hear about it going ahead. Now, a few people will understand what a curious thing this is. My thesis project. At Vivid. Yeah. Let’s just say that sometimes a leaf falls into your hand and you think, ‘what does this accident suggest? Should I follow it and see what happens?” Yes.